On today’s episode, we talk about how you can lead a Bible study. We recognize that not everyone has a plethora of options when it comes to organized study groups, and if you’re in that situation, we hope this episode provides resources to equip you to lead your own! If you’re already leading a group, we invite you to tune in as we can all grow in our leadership skills! We discuss the logistics of organizing a group -- choosing a curriculum or book of the Bible, meeting times and places, etc. Then we discuss the different elements of study format, like prayer and formal and informal teaching times. We get real about the different aspects of leading discussions, like what to do with silence or when we have a talkative person that dominates the conversation. We even talk about what we should do if someone in the group says something that doesn’t align with Scripture! We finish off our conversation talking about things we can do to personally prepare to lead a Bible study.
The heartbeat of the Daily Grace Co. is to equip disciples in the Word of God -- that is the goal of this podcast, all of the Bible studies and resources in the shop, and our new project: DAILY GRACE LOCAL. Sign up to be a part of a new local group or to be a leader. Basic theological training and other materials will be provided for leaders!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Ep. 27 Studying Scripture Together by Daily Grace
- Daily Grace Local (BRAND NEW - SIGN UP!)
- “Word of Life” Study (FREE) in the Daily Grace Co. App (FREE)
- Amen Study from the Daily Grace Co.
- Bible Studies from the Daily Grace Co.
- Bible Highlighters & Pens from the Daily Grace Co.
- ACTS: Simple Acrostic for Prayer
- Women’s Training Network by The Gospel Coalition
- Romans Study by the Daily Grace Co.
- James Study by the Daily Grace Co.
- 1 Peter Study by the Daily Grace Co.
- Bible Study Leaders Guide (FREE) by the Daily Grace Co.
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
- James 5:16
- Ephesians 6:18
- 1 Thessalonians 5:17
- Ephesians 4:2-3
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Follow on Instagram for the latest updates on the podcast and The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “Lamp and Light”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *