On today’s episode, we talk about social media. Whether it’s microblogging on Instagram, staying connected to extended family on Facebook, or vlogging your morning routine on YouTube, the variety of options to engage on digital platforms is at your fingertips. Even if you’re not engaged on any of these platforms, social media has shaped the culture and its impact is far reaching. It could even be argued that this topic impacts everyone, regardless of personal use of social media! But it’s also important to realize that this impact isn’t always positive (although there are benefits!). We’ll discuss potential dangers related to social media from three angles: its impact on how we relate to God, to ourselves, and to others. But don’t worry -- we also discuss the benefits and offer practical tips on how to use social media in a healthy way that brings gospel hope others.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Reusable Baby Food Pouch
- Fruit of the Spirit Board Book from The Daily Grace Co.
- 12 Ways Your Phone is Changing You by Tony Reinke
- Westminster Shorter Catechism
- The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
- Women of the Word by Jen Wilkin
- Ep. 3 Bible Study in Busy Seasons of Daily Grace
- “No More FOMO: Limiting Social Media Decreases Loneliness and Depression” by the Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology
- “Seeing Everyone Else’s Highlight Reels: How Facebook Usage is Linked to Depressive Symptoms” by the Journal of Social and Clinical Psychology
- “Dopamine, Smartphones, & You: A Battle for Your Time” (Harvard University)
- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald Whitney
- Lamp and Light Community on Facebook
- Covenant Eyes Software
- Disney Circle
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
- Galatians 5:17
- Romans 1:22-23
- Psalm 16:11
- Galatians 5:22-23
- Galatians 5:16
- Philippians 4:8
- Hebrews 6:12
- Exodus 20:17
- John 21:22
- 1 Peter 4:15
- Proverbs 9:10
- James 1:5
- Romans 14
- Proverbs 27:2
CONNECT WITH US:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify
We would love if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Download The Daily Grace app: on iOS, simply search “The Daily Grace Co.” and download. On Android, go to the Google Play Store and search for “The Daily Grace Co.” and download.
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Like The Daily Grace Co. on Facebook.
Follow on Instagram for the latest updates on the podcast and The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “Lamp and Light”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for weekly encouragement steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *