It’s one thing to see the value of the local church, and it’s another thing to faithfully attend and invest in a covenant community week after week after week. That takes commitment; it takes time and effort. And there are many life seasons and circumstances where we might ask ourselves, “Is church really worth it? Do we have to go every week in person?” Especially in our digital age where we can listen to sermons online, we may wonder what the benefit is in going to church in person. In today’s episode, we explore 10 different scenarios where we may ask ourselves if church is really worth it. While we understand that there are certain situations where attending church in-person is not an option (and we offer encouragement to you if you’re there!), we want to make the case that in-person church is the better option. Here are the scenarios we cover:
- Is church really worth it when online church is available? (12:03)
- Is church really worth it when we’ve experienced church hurt? (19:11)
- Is church really worth it when you’re in a busy season? (21:42)
- Is church really worth it when you’re raising young children? (24:12)
- Is church really worth it when you’re struggling with depression? (26:47)
- Is church really worth it when you’re wrestling with specific sin patterns? (30:02)
- Is church really worth it when your church is struggling? (33:02)
- Is church really worth it when you already have community? (36:46)
- Is church really worth it when you don’t know anybody there? (40:54)
- Is church really worth it when it’s been a long time? (46:26)
Church is always worth it because of the value God placed on her. The church is the bride of Christ. The church is the body of believers, working together for the good of the whole and the glory of God. The church isn’t perfect, but there’s no gathering in the world that compares to the gathering of God’s people.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Encouragement Sticky Notes by The Daily Grace Co.
Prayer List Notepad by The Daily Grace Co.
“In Everything” Prayer Request Journal by The Daily Grace Co.
“Christ Be Magnified” by Cody Carnes
Ep. 56 When Church Hurts With Jana White by Daily Grace
Ep. 119 5 Things Christians Should Know About Depression by Daily Grace
“Better Together” Discipleship Guide by The Daily Grace Co.
Ep. 53 Comparing Our Spiritual Gifts by Daily Grace
Nine Marks of a Healthy Church by Mark Dever
9Marks Church Finder
The Gospel Coalition Church Finder
Acts 29 Church Finder
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
1 Corinthians 12
1 Peter 5:1-5
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love it if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Download The Daily Grace app: for iOS, click here to download. On Android, click here to download.
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Like The Daily Grace Co. on Facebook.
Follow @dailygracepodcast on Instagram for exclusive podcast content and @thedailygraceco for all things The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “The Daily Grace Co. Community”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *