On today’s episode, we talk about the reality that life is full of disappointments and unmet expectations. We understand that dealing with them can be incredibly difficult. Sometimes, we can feel absolutely devastated by unmet expectations. But then we read God’s Word that tells us to “be content with what you have” (Hebrews 13:5). How do we reconcile the two? How can we be content when life is disappointing and not how we had hoped it would be? God gives us the secret to contentment no matter what our circumstances in His Word. He is good and faithful and doesn’t command us to “be content” without giving us the grace and means to walk it out. We hope this conversation is encouraging and brings you gospel truth and hope no matter what life season or circumstances you are facing today!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Ep. 35 What to do with Unmet Expectations by Journeywomen Podcast
- Ep.16 What are Your Idols? by Daily grace
- “Embrace the Life God Has Given You” (video) by John PIper
- Heidelberg Catechism
- Ep. 2 God’s Word in Joy & Pain with Kristin Schmucker by Daily Grace
- Ep. 10 Suffering & Sovereignty with Maritza Guiterrez-Rey by Daily Grace
- Ep. 21 Ask Us Anything by Daily Grace
- “The Expulsive Power of a New Affection” by Thomas Chalmers
- The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges
- Youversion Bible App (FREE)
- Scripture Memory Journals by The Daily Grace Co.
- Verse Cards by The Daily Grace Co.
- Bible Memory App
- Ep. 22 Memorizing Scripture with Amanda Barzycki by Daily Grace
Suggested Scripture to memorize:
Satisfaction in God
- Psalm 90:14
- Psalm 16:11
- Psalm 34:8
Contentment in Hard circumstances
- Philippians 4:12-13
- Romans 8:28-29
Hope of Eternity
- Revelation 21:1-4
- 1 Peter 1:3-9
- 2 Corinthians 4:16-18
Goodness of God
- Psalm 86:15
- Psalm 100
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
- Philippians 4:11-13
- Psalm 84:11
- Genesis 3
- Romans 8:19
- Revelation 22:20
- Hebrews 13:5
- John 11
- 1 Peter 5:7
- 1 Thessalonians 5:18
- Romans 5:3
- Genesis 3:15
- 2 Corinthians 12:9
- Psalm 37:4
- Philippians 2:13
- John 15:10
CONNECT WITH US:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify
We would love if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Download The Daily Grace app: on iOS, simply search “The Daily Grace Co.” and download. On Android, go to the Google Play Store and search for “The Daily Grace Co.” and download.
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Follow on Instagram for the latest updates on the podcast and The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “Lamp and Light”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for weekly encouragement steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *