On today’s episode, we talk about Bible highlighting. Yes, the bright markers known as highlighters. What purpose and role do they have in our Bible study? Highlighters can be one of many tools to help facilitate deep and intentional Bible study. If used systematically, they help us engage with the text in a way to have a fuller understanding of Scripture. There are many different ways to use highlighters. There isn’t one right way. But without a system, our Bibles can be marked in an incoherent way that will prove to be unhelpful. In this episode, we share our Bible highlighting method and offer different categories for you to consider. The goal is not to have a beautifully marked Bible; the goal is to know the God of the Bible.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Highlighters from The Daily Grace Co.
- Cook Once, Eat All Week Cookbook by Cassy Joy Garcia
- Word of Life Study (FREE) in the Daily Grace Co. app (FREE)
- Ep. 14 Discipleship & Evangelism with Tamzen Baker by Daily Grace
- Kari Dent Keyword Symbols
- Ep. 4 The Story of Scripture by Daily Grace
- Journaling Bibles from The Daily Grace Co.
- Bible Gateway
Scripture mentioned in this episode
- Genesis 1:1
- Genesis 3
- Genesis 3:15
- Psalm 99:9
- 1 John 4:18
- Psalm 19:8
Connect with us
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Follow on Instagram for the latest updates on the podcast and The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “Lamp and Light”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *