On today’s episode, we get really practical about Scripture memorization. This is an important spiritual discipline that often gets pushed to the side for so many different reasons: it’s hard; we think we have a bad memory; we don’t know where to start; we’re not sure which passages to memorize. We discuss all of these points, and we also offer tips and tricks to help you along the way. But we start off by going over the “why”. Why is this spiritual discipline so important? What are its benefits? Is it something every believer should do? There are countless benefits to hiding God’s Word in our hearts and minds, and we believe that as we discuss the benefits, we will begin to see that it is a discipline that is well worth every single one of our efforts.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Ep. 22 Memorizing Scripture with Amanda Barzycki by Daily Grace
- Ep. 29 Meditation: Studying God’s Word with Your Heart & Mind by Daily Grace
- The Word Hand - Navigators
- Ep. 55 Praying Scripture by Daily Grace
- Fighter Verses from Desiring God
- Topical Memory System - Navigators
- Verse Cards from The Daily Grace Co.
- Daily Truth from The Daily Grace Co.
- Daily Truth for Kids from The Daily Grace Co.
- An Approach to Extended Memorization of Scripture by Andrew Davis
- The Bible App - Youversion
- Dwell - Scripture Listening App
- Scripture Memory Journal from The Daily Grace Co.
- The Bible Memory App
- Kim Volendorff on IG - @sixonesis
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
- Deuteronomy 6:4-9
- Proverbs 7:1
- Colossians 3:16
- Deuteronomy 10:13
- John 17:17
- Ephesians 6:10-12
- 1 John 5:19
- Ephesians 6:17
- Psalm 119:11
- James 3:8
- 1 John 1:9
- 2 Corinthians 5
- Matthew 5:11-12
- Romans 1:16
- Romans 3:23
- Romans 6:23
- Romans 5:8
- Ephesians 2:8-9
- John 1:12
- 1 John 5:13
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Follow on Instagram for the latest updates on the podcast and The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “The Daily Grace Co. Community”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *