On today’s episode, we talk all about Advent, which begins on December 1st this year! Advent simply means “coming” or “arrival”, and it is a season marked on the church calendar. Though Advent is not a tradition explicitly commanded in Scripture, it is a beautiful invitation to heed to Scripture’s call to remembrance. During Advent, believers intentionally remember the longing that God’s people felt awaiting the Messiah. It is also a time to recognize the truth that we are currently in a season of waiting for Christ’s return.
Joanna and Stefanie discuss the benefits of observing Advent, and they also share many ideas for you and your family to make meaningful Advent traditions. We hope you and your family join countless believers across the world in observing Advent this holiday season.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Art for Kids Hub
- Preaching the Gospel to Yourselfby The Daily Grace Co.
- Advent by Fleming Rutledge
- Advent Candle Cards by The Daily Grace Co.
- Unwrapping the Greatest Gift by Ann Voskamp
- Immanuel by The Daily Grace Co.
- Daily Grace Co. app (digital version of Immanuel)
- Family Advent Devotional by The Daily Grace Co.
- Advent Devotional Coloring Book by The Daily Grace Co.
- 2019 Family Advent Ornaments from The Daily Grace Co.
- Handel’s Messiah
- Hallelujah: A Journey through Advent with Handel’s Messiah
- “Come Now Long Expected Jesus”
- Caroline Cobb’s Advent Playlist
- Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
- Romans 12:12
- Psalm 27:14
- Psalm 62:5
- John 8:12
- Luke 2
- Isaiah 9
- Isaiah 40:1-5
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Follow on Instagram for the latest updates on the podcast and The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “Lamp and Light”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *