On today’s episode, we revisit the topic of comparison, but we explore the topic from a different angle. When, if ever, can comparison be a good thing? Isn’t comparison “the thief of joy”? Doesn’t it always lead to envy and competition? Scripture offers us a different form of comparison: imitation. We are called to imitate those who imitate Christ. This is a positive form of comparison that helps us in our pursuit of godliness. It isn’t comparing ourselves with others in order to get validation. It is acknowledging our weaknesses, identifying believers who are strong in those areas, and learning from them in order to grow in Christlikeness. It isn’t about replicating other people’s methodologies, but rather, seeking the biblical principles compelling their methodologies. As we help each other on our journeys of sanctification through imitating and being imitated, the goal is Christ and putting His glory on display. Come join our conversation to learn more!
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Foundations by Ruth and Troy Simons
- Ep. 36 Celebrating Others in a Culture of Competition by Daily Grace
- Ep. 53 Comparing Our Spiritual Gifts by Daily Grace
- “Comparison is Not the Thief of Joy” by Abigail Dodds
- Ep. 34 Growing in Godliness in Everyday Life with Ruth Chou Simons by Daily Grace
- Ep. 9 Your Identity in Christ by Daily Grace
- Ep. 24 Being Content When Life is Disappointing by Daily Grace
- Ep. 44 Being Content With What You Have by Daily Grace
- Christian Heroes: Then & Now
- Biographies from Reformation Heritage
- The Weight of Glory by C.S. Lewis
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
- Philippians 3:17
- Hebrews 13:7
- 1 Corinthians 11:1
- Ephesians 4:1
- 1 Peter 1:14-16
- Romans 3:23
- Hebwrew 10:24-25
- Galatians 5:22-23
- 1 Peter 5
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Follow on Instagram for the latest updates on the podcast and The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “The Daily Grace Co. Community”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *