Kindness is one of the fruits of the Spirit, but it’s not talked about as much as some of the others. Is it because it’s just so simple? Are Christians just supposed to be nice to others, and that’s the extent of this fruit? Or is there more to biblical kindness? Today, we explore what it means for believers to show kindness to others. We talk about what biblical kindness can look like, and how we can actually do it. Remember, it’s a fruit of the SPIRIT. This means that we cannot truly bear this fruit apart from the work of the Spirit in our lives! This means that being kind is so much more than being nice. It’s not less than that, but it’s so much more!
- What is biblical kindness? (9:52)
- Why should we show kindness to others? (18:53)
- Different ways kindness can look:
- Kindness looks like speaking truth to people. (21:20)
- Kindness looks like considering others better than yourself. (25:14)
- Kindness looks like being generous. (26:42)
- Kindness is extending mercy to others. (28:56)
- Kindness is being nice, serving others, living sacrificially, etc. but with the right heart attitude. (31:22)
- How do we do this? (33:10)
- Remember the gospel and make it personal: daily confession (34:51)
- Depend on the Lord (36:44)
- Be in the Word (38:55)
- Be a part of a local church. (39:48)
- Practice gratitude (41:17)
- Practical suggestions to consider (42:03)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Jewelry Line by The Daily Grace Co.
“By Faith” Galatians Study by The Daily Grace Co.
Ep. 130 Responding to Deconstruction: Turning From Faith, Evaluating Convictions, and Everything in Between by Daily Grace
Ep. 83 How to Disagree Well With Others by Daily Grace
“Preaching the Gospel to Yourself” Study by The Daily Grace Co.
Abide Journal by The Daily Grace Co.
Scripture mentioned in this episode:
Ephesians 2:2, 4, and 7
1 John 1:9
Connect with us:
Subscribe to Daily Grace: on iOS, go to our iTunes page and click subscribe. On Android, click this podcast RSS feed link and choose your podcast app. If needed, you can copy this link directly into your favorite podcast app (like Stitcher or Overcast). Or follow us on Spotify!
We would love it if you took a few minutes to leave us an iTunes review to help spread the word about Daily Grace! We want to invite more women into our conversations!
Download The Daily Grace app: for iOS, click here to download. On Android, click here to download.
Visit The Daily Grace Co. for beautiful products for the whole family that will equip you on your journey to knowing and loving God more.
Subscribe to The Daily Grace Newsletter and receive free Bible study resources in your inbox.
Like The Daily Grace Co. on Facebook.
Follow @dailygracepodcast on Instagram for exclusive podcast content and @thedailygraceco for all things The Daily Grace Co.
Engage with our Facebook community, “The Daily Grace Co. Community”.
Read The Daily Grace blog for encouragement throughout the week that is steeped in biblical truths.
* Affiliate links used are used where appropriate. Thank you for supporting the products that support the production of this podcast! *